question

mikeseaman3000 avatar image
mikeseaman3000 asked

Pylontech and Victron (New Build) : Help Needed

Hello Everyone,

I have just joined this community so please bear with me.

I recently had a battery installed removed from my property as it did not do what i expected off the shelf. It was manufactured by a company called GivEnergy and it was a very poor product with many development issues.

Now i have decided to go out this myself.

I am looking at utilising either the Multiplus or Quattro Units along with Pylontech Batteries and wondered if you had any advice, comments or examples of system design/schematics.

The system is to integrate with an already install SolarEdge 6000 HD Inverter for my PV.

I am looking for storage capacity of approximately 21kw, so utilising the Pylontech 3000 Series batttery. The biggest request i have for the system is having a large discharge power as I have a Air Source Heat Pump which can take up to 5kw for Water Heating.

My idea was to use the Quattro 8000 Unit having the batteries wired in a stack of 8 with a ring circuit back to a DC Distribution. The batteries are to be controlled using a GX Device.

My question really revolves, any lessons learned? Does anyone have any advice on the Quattro and GX Devices.

Am i doing the right thing with this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerPylontechbatterysystem designdesign
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lucode avatar image lucode commented ·

Are you aware that with an non Vitron Inverter the BMS can't control the charge power from PV (SolarEdge 6000 HD). I would consider to replace it with a VE MPPT. The rest of
system seems to be reasonable.
Have you seen the example wiring.
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom#example_wiring_diagram

0 Likes 0 ·
mikeseaman3000 avatar image mikeseaman3000 lucode commented ·

Hello Lucode,

Thanks for the message.

Am i able to retain the SolarEdge6000HD and connect a Meter(ET112) on the PV 240V to measure its power?

thanks

Mike

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
mikeseaman3000 avatar image
mikeseaman3000 answered ·

Hello Lucode,

Thanks for the message.

Am i able to retain the SolarEdge6000HD and connect a Meter(ET112) on the PV 240V to measure its power?

thanks

Mike

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

evhaandel avatar image evhaandel commented ·

Check out this topic. Victron GX can communicate with SolarEdge products via RS485, so you don't need an extra meter to measure the power of the SE inverter.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/12227/victron-venus-gx-solaredge-se10k-3-phase-inverter.html

0 Likes 0 ·
matthew-burnett avatar image
matthew-burnett answered ·

Hello, I am currently working on upgrading a victron system form AGM batteries to LiFePo4 batteries the quattro installed is capable of charging these batteries, I have been looking on the market and givenergy have the best value for money on there batteries I am wondering if they are compatible with the quattro in question.

Mny thanks Matthew

1 comment
2 |3000