question

mikeseaman3000 avatar image
mikeseaman3000 asked

Pylontech and Victron (New Build) : Help Needed

Hello Everyone,

I have just joined this community so please bear with me.

I recently had a battery installed removed from my property as it did not do what i expected off the shelf. It was manufactured by a company called GivEnergy and it was a very poor product with many development issues.

Now i have decided to go out this myself.

I am looking at utilising either the Multiplus or Quattro Units along with Pylontech Batteries and wondered if you had any advice, comments or examples of system design/schematics.

The system is to integrate with an already install SolarEdge 6000 HD Inverter for my PV.

I am looking for storage capacity of approximately 21kw, so utilising the Pylontech 3000 Series batttery. The biggest request i have for the system is having a large discharge power as I have a Air Source Heat Pump which can take up to 5kw for Water Heating.

My idea was to use the Quattro 8000 Unit having the batteries wired in a stack of 8 with a ring circuit back to a DC Distribution. The batteries are to be controlled using a GX Device.

My question really revolves, any lessons learned? Does anyone have any advice on the Quattro and GX Devices.

Am i doing the right thing with this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerPylontechbatterysystem designdesign
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Are you aware that with an non Vitron Inverter the BMS can't control the charge power from PV (SolarEdge 6000 HD). I would consider to replace it with a VE MPPT. The rest of
system seems to be reasonable.
Have you seen the example wiring.
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom#example_wiring_diagram

0 Likes 0 ·

Hello Lucode,

Thanks for the message.

Am i able to retain the SolarEdge6000HD and connect a Meter(ET112) on the PV 240V to measure its power?

thanks

Mike

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
mikeseaman3000 avatar image
mikeseaman3000 answered ·

Hello Lucode,

Thanks for the message.

Am i able to retain the SolarEdge6000HD and connect a Meter(ET112) on the PV 240V to measure its power?

thanks

Mike

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Check out this topic. Victron GX can communicate with SolarEdge products via RS485, so you don't need an extra meter to measure the power of the SE inverter.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/12227/victron-venus-gx-solaredge-se10k-3-phase-inverter.html

0 Likes 0 ·
matthew-burnett avatar image
matthew-burnett answered ·

Hello, I am currently working on upgrading a victron system form AGM batteries to LiFePo4 batteries the quattro installed is capable of charging these batteries, I have been looking on the market and givenergy have the best value for money on there batteries I am wondering if they are compatible with the quattro in question.

Mny thanks Matthew

1 comment
2 |3000