question

marius-fourie avatar image
marius-fourie asked

Testing of Multi plus II ups system

Good day.

I build an ups system for a client on emergency lights. This is in a mining area thus everything is in a panel. The system seems to be performing well. I have attached some pictures of the setup.

I need to get remote or scheduled testing running on the system.

Remote: Running VRM and test the inverter by ignoring the grid and run just off the battery pack for a set time.

Scheduled: Once a week ignore the grid for a set period to test the setup.

Is there a way to do it on the Multi Plus and not running it through a relay output?

Thank You!

Multiplus-IICCGX Color ControlPylontechups
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ewalderasmus avatar image
ewalderasmus answered ·

Hi @Marius Fourie,

As far as I know, there isn't a way to do this in software (but I can be wrong)

That being said there is a periodic generator feature that you could use to a contractor, where once a week it will "run the generator" opening up the contactor and making the system run off the battery. The only issue I can envision is the system might not return to the grid... I haven't used the multi but I know the Quattro will have this issue, but in all fairness, it has a second ACin for that. So maybe it will work for the multi.

regards Ewald

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.