question

kradenko avatar image
kradenko asked

"Create Access Point" option missing on Venus OS on Raspberry Pi

Hi,

I have VenusGX for my offgrid system which works perfectly. I have since started reworking my Caravan to incorporate a Victron setup. I have setup a Raspberry Pi (Tried version 2 and version 3) as a VenusGX substitute. I however do not have the option to "Settings → Wi-Fi → Create access point".

I have seen one other thread on here that had no replies regarding this: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/48565/access-point-option-missing-venus-os-raspberry-pi.html

Does anyone know why this option isn't available? Or if there is a config setting on the Pi I need to do. The Raspberry Pi 2 has a wifi dongle that does pick up other networks. Pi 3 I used the built in Wifi to connect to other networks.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Davin Hansen

Venus OSVenus GX - VGXRaspberry Piwifi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
pagedo avatar image
pagedo answered ·

Hi David

I have answered the above thread you have a link to above. You may want to check out using connman as I have explained in my answer.

regards

Dolph Page

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kradenko avatar image kradenko commented ·

Epic thank you! I am going to give it a go :) Need to get RPi 3 again to give it a go :) Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources