question

lejouz avatar image
lejouz asked

Charging characteristic Multiplus 12|1200|50 and LiFePO4

Charging switches on and off constantly.

Good news is, that the charging of my 3 x 150 Ah LiFePO4 batteries via 230 V works. They are fully charged. However, even on low consumption (i.e. 7 A) the Multiplus would switch the charging function on and off literally every 2-3 minutes when 230 V input is connected. Thats annoying.

I have set the DIP switches to LiFePO4 Battery (ds2=off, ds3=on and ds6 for saving of settings).

Is there any option I can activate in order for the Multiplus to accept a certain discharge before bulk charge switches on again?

Multiplus-IIMultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerbattery chargingLithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
lejouz avatar image
lejouz answered ·

Nobody any idea?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Your multi does not have a preset for lithium batteries.

You might want to get your hands on a Mk3 cable and properly program a lithium charge profile.

multiplus-chg.png (69.2 KiB)
5 comments
2 |3000

lejouz avatar image lejouz commented ·

The multiplus came pre-configured from the supplier (tigerexped.de). They told me the configuration was done for LiFePo and locked. Cant even be changed via the dip switch they said. However, before knowing about this, I already set the dip switches to Lithium setting. Either way, this configuration was done.

0 Likes 0 ·
philippe avatar image philippe lejouz commented ·

If you use VRM and you have a windows PC, then you can install VEConfigure 3 and with the VRM you can download and upload the configuration file. But be VERY carefull, wrong parameters can screw up everything. But at least you can check how it has been configured.

0 Likes 0 ·
lejouz avatar image lejouz philippe commented ·

I am running a Mac....that the pitty

0 Likes 0 ·
philippe avatar image philippe lejouz commented ·

Me too but I confiscated the laptop of my daughter. So maybe someone in your circle...

0 Likes 0 ·
lejouz avatar image lejouz philippe commented ·

hahaha, poor daughter :)

its really strange, but nobody in my circle seems to run windows anymore. but I'll see what I can do. My dad might be old school

0 Likes 0 ·