question

ewalderasmus avatar image
ewalderasmus asked

Pylontech Battery Temperature Missing During PassThru

Previously I have seen my system go into Passthru once (in 6 months) It didn't cause any issues and hence I just left it... but last week I saw it go into passthru three times in a day, and it seems that every time it went into passthrough the battery temperature went missing...

Now leading to my questions:

1. Is this normal?

2. Is this a known issue and has anyone else experienced this? and finally,

3. Is there a way to correct this?

Regards

Ewald

The battery is a Pylotech 2.4kWh and is connected to a Venus Gx via Can bus.

Zoomed in section

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVRMPylontechbattery
1599479744793.png (52.6 KiB)
1599479783262.png (33.8 KiB)
1599479833377.png (42.3 KiB)
1599479863902.png (29.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
ewalderasmus avatar image
ewalderasmus answered ·

Has no one else experienced this?

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bkvanduk avatar image bkvanduk commented ·

Hi. I have met the same issue. Have you found any solutions? Or do you have any idea why is this happening?

0 Likes 0 ·
ewalderasmus avatar image ewalderasmus bkvanduk commented ·

Hi @BKvanduk

I changed my can bus cable, but I still experience the battery going into PassThru once every two or so months, so nothing major.

0 Likes 0 ·
bkvanduk avatar image bkvanduk ewalderasmus commented ·

Hi. Thanks for coming back to me. Every two month is not that bad...

Which can cable do you use at the moment? Do you have a link to the product? And do you use a can bus terminator as well?

0 Likes 0 ·
ewalderasmus avatar image ewalderasmus bkvanduk commented ·

I ended up making up my own cable (version 1 which gave me some issues), I then replaced it with a new cable which was an existing (ethernet) cable which i cut up and swapped the cores around. So far this is working well for me.

I will get the cable made up professionally eventually.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @EwaldErasmus

it looks like the comms between battery and GX device get disconnected, check wiring etc. first.

3 comments
2 |3000

ewalderasmus avatar image ewalderasmus commented ·

Hi Daniel, thank you,

I did check this but what doesn't make sense to me is how it happens at the same time as passthru. Is this just a coincidence? or are they linked?

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ ewalderasmus commented ·

if the system cannot talk to the battery, it goes into passthru as a safety precaution.

0 Likes 0 ·
bkvanduk avatar image bkvanduk Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi. I have the same issue. Do you have any idea how to solve it?

The wiring seems to be fine for me.

0 Likes 0 ·
bkvanduk avatar image
bkvanduk answered ·

I installed the official cable from Victron, and still have this issue. I have no idea what could be the problem. Will update you once I found something.

2 |3000