question

bathnm avatar image
bathnm asked

Control of Victron Multiplus by Venus OS (on/off/charge and input current limit) when VE.Bus BMS is in teh system

Good morning,

The limitation of not being able to use Venus OS (Cerbo GX) to control the state of the MultiPlus (on/off/charge) or the input current limit) when there is no DMC and a VE.Bus BMS is being used is becoming a real issue for me.

I was wondering if I moved from using the VE.Bus BMS Assistant to the Two-signal BMS, if the ability for Venus OS to control these parameters is possible. I would connect Charge Disconnect from the VE.Bus BMS to Aux Input 1 and set the assistant so when open the battery is full and force to float. Then connect Load Disconnect to Aux Input 2 for battery is empty.

Would this work?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVenus OSAssistantsve.bus bms
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Yes that should still work but you would also have to remove the VE-BMS VE BUS cable from the system and only use the VE-BMS relay output to trigger the Aux1 H/L or the Aux 2 H/L as you have suggested but this is still being done at the Multi but it will then allow you to turn the unit on and off at the cerbo unit and to charge only etc

I dont know if I would switch to float though, it would be better to turn the charge OFF or turn AC1 in OFF if there is no other battery charging way connected as well that is

You can still adjust the input current limit on the Cerbo

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bathnm avatar image bathnm commented ·

Yes agreed you would need to remove the VE.Bus connection from the BMS.I believe, looking at the assistant you can set the charger to float.

0 Likes 0 ·
bathnm avatar image bathnm commented ·

However there are two parts to the question. If I make the changes to the MultiPlus, I will not get alerts on the Cerbo / Venus OS on any BMS Load or Charge Disconnects. So the ability to bring the BMS signals in through the digital inputs would be good.

0 Likes 0 ·