question

darrencham avatar image

Connection from ET112 with Zigbee to Cerbo WiFi

Hi I am looking to put together a small ess using a multiplus compact and a Cerbo with a ET112 to configure for minimal grid usage. I have grid parallel solar and dc coupled solar. My consumer unit is around 30m from the location of where the Cerbo and multiplus will be. Can I use a Zigbee to send the information from the ET112 direct to the Cerbo.

ESScerbo gxEnergy Meterwifi
2 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
darrencham avatar image
darrencham answered ·

Thanks. Hard wiring is obviously best. Hard wiring would be in excess of 50m and exposing some of the cabling to the elements. I don’t think that is the best solution for me. Would I just need one Zigbee unit to connect to the Cerbo. Sorry quite new to this.

1 comment

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

All the answers you need can be found here. You will need two Zigbee devices and no you cannot connect it to the Cerbo wi-fi to my knowledge.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/energy-meters:et112#option_awireless_zigbee_connection

Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

Hi @Darrencham. In plain sight the zigbee can do up to a 100m. In my personal experience, it’s better to just use a hardwired rs485 to usb connection, it never fails.