question

darrencham avatar image
darrencham asked

Connection from ET112 with Zigbee to Cerbo WiFi

Hi I am looking to put together a small ess using a multiplus compact and a Cerbo with a ET112 to configure for minimal grid usage. I have grid parallel solar and dc coupled solar. My consumer unit is around 30m from the location of where the Cerbo and multiplus will be. Can I use a Zigbee to send the information from the ET112 direct to the Cerbo.

cerbo gxESSEnergy Meterwifi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

Hi @Darrencham. In plain sight the zigbee can do up to a 100m. In my personal experience, it’s better to just use a hardwired rs485 to usb connection, it never fails.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

darrencham avatar image
darrencham answered ·

Thanks. Hard wiring is obviously best. Hard wiring would be in excess of 50m and exposing some of the cabling to the elements. I don’t think that is the best solution for me. Would I just need one Zigbee unit to connect to the Cerbo. Sorry quite new to this.

1 comment
2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

All the answers you need can be found here. You will need two Zigbee devices and no you cannot connect it to the Cerbo wi-fi to my knowledge.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/energy-meters:et112#option_awireless_zigbee_connection

0 Likes 0 ·