question

bigal avatar image
bigal asked

Victron Connect and Venus to get access to MultiPlus

Hello,

I have a BMV712, MPPT all connected via VE Direct to Rpi with VenusOS.

I have also connected via a USB MK3 cable a Multiplus which is plugged into the Rpi.

If I then use Victron Connect App to connect to the wireless of the RPi on Venus OS it can detect the BMV and MPPT via the Venus - but it doesnt see any information from, or detect the Multi.

Is there a reason the VenusOS doesnt pass through the information coming in from the Multi?

Thanks

Al

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVenus OSVictronConnectVE.Bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Hi @Bigal The answer you seek lies in the cool feature in VictronConnect under devices "Don't see the devices ... "

Only VE.Direct devices is visible and not VE.Bus like multis etc.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bigal avatar image bigal commented ·

So your saying it is not possible?

This seems strange - if the multi is plugged directly into the USB on my PC - VictronConnect can see the multi.

If the multi is plugged into the RaspPi, then the RaspPi (VenusOS) can see it. Why then can VictronConnect on another PC connected to the same LAN as the RaspPi not see it - the RaspPi passes on VeDirect info, why does it not also pass on VeBus info

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw bigal commented ·

Correct, The MK3 is a VE.Bus and not VE.Direct connector ;)

0 Likes 0 ·
Vance Mitchell avatar image
Vance Mitchell answered ·

Have you tried connecting through vrm.

venus.local/ Should give you access if you are on the same network.

2 |3000