question

vulture avatar image
vulture asked

Feature Request/Bug Report: Venus GUI Diagram incorrect topology

Hi, I am now using Venus to monitor my system. However, I was surprised to see that the diagram of connected devices is incorrect. I am guessing it was done to try and oversimplify things for beginners?

This is how my system looks right now:

Firstly, this diagram has inconsistently applied design principles. The AC inverter load is not connected to the battery, but rather to a central "busbar", so by that formalism, the DC load also should be.

Secondly, this diagram prevents the system from being accurately represented, for example in the case where the solar system is producing enough power to simultaneously charge both the battery and power the DC load. In that case, this diagram depicts the power going through the battery first, and then to the DC load, which physically wouldn't happen - electrons being moved from the solar charger would literally never pass though the battery.

Would it be possible to correct this diagram? I am being driven mad by this nonphysical depiction. This is how I believe it should look:

Venus OSVenus GX - VGXbug reportfeature request
captsaure.png (160.2 KiB)
captsausasre.png (135.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

The feature requests topic tag can help Victron R&D find feature suggestions for products. 

There are many factors that go into the Victron product roadmap, and feedback from end-users can help.

Venus GX manual

Venus GX product page

Victron Venus OS Open Source intro page

Venus OS GitHub (please do not post to this)

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic