question

StephDuyns avatar image

How to force charging batteries at night from grid on an EasySolar with an ESS configuration ?

Actually, my problem was that my SOC was toping at 89% and the EasySolar didn't accept to charge the batteries anymore.

After a little discharge, (SOC at 84% this morning) it finally accepted to charge them.

Now the question is "Why does the EasySolar don't realize that the battery is full ?"

Is there a way to reset the soc at 100% ?

Please tell me if I am in the wrong way of thinking.

Config : EasySolar 3000VA 48V - 500AH LeadAcid Batteries - 2000W solar panels - set up 1 month ago.

ESScharging batteryEasySolar All-in-Onegrid
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
StephDuyns avatar image

Hi @ejrossouw ! Yesterday, with a shiny weather, I was in front of my EasySolar and I saw the SOC jump suddenly from 89% to 100% ! I deduct that after reaching the float voltage the system realize that the battery is full. Is it correct ?

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Girbar avatar image

Si tienes monitor de baterías BMV puedes hacerlo desde ahí.

Metro duda es como saber cuando están realmente al 100%. Victron recomienda configurar la capacidad de la batería en el sistema en C20. Entonces cuando la corriente de cola baje del % configurado se deberia ajustar manualmente el SOC al 100%. Así lo entiendo yo y así lo hice en mi sistema.

ejrossouw avatar image

Hi @StephDuyns There is too little information to give you an answer. A couple of things do jump to mind though. Was the correct battery size specified on the Easysolar setup? Do you have scheduled charging configured in ESS with possibly a stop at %? Do you have optimized with batterylife setting or without?

StephDuyns avatar image

Actually, my problem was that my SOC was toping at 89% and the EasySolar didn't accept to charge the batteries anymore.

After a little discharge, (SOC at 84% this morning) it finally accepted to charge them.

Now the question is "Why does the EasySolar don't realize that the battery is full ?"

Is there a way to reset the soc at 100% ?

Please tell me if I am in the wrong way of thinking.

Config : EasySolar 3000VA 48V - 500AH LeadAcid Batteries - 2000W solar panels - set up 1 month ago.