question

stephduyns avatar image
stephduyns asked

How to force charging batteries at night from grid on an EasySolar with an ESS configuration ?

Actually, my problem was that my SOC was toping at 89% and the EasySolar didn't accept to charge the batteries anymore.

After a little discharge, (SOC at 84% this morning) it finally accepted to charge them.

Now the question is "Why does the EasySolar don't realize that the battery is full ?"

Is there a way to reset the soc at 100% ?

Please tell me if I am in the wrong way of thinking.

Config : EasySolar 3000VA 48V - 500AH LeadAcid Batteries - 2000W solar panels - set up 1 month ago.

battery chargingESSEasySolar All-in-Onegrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
stephduyns avatar image
stephduyns answered ·

Actually, my problem was that my SOC was toping at 89% and the EasySolar didn't accept to charge the batteries anymore.

After a little discharge, (SOC at 84% this morning) it finally accepted to charge them.

Now the question is "Why does the EasySolar don't realize that the battery is full ?"

Is there a way to reset the soc at 100% ?

Please tell me if I am in the wrong way of thinking.

Config : EasySolar 3000VA 48V - 500AH LeadAcid Batteries - 2000W solar panels - set up 1 month ago.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Hi @StephDuyns There is too little information to give you an answer. A couple of things do jump to mind though. Was the correct battery size specified on the Easysolar setup? Do you have scheduled charging configured in ESS with possibly a stop at %? Do you have optimized with batterylife setting or without?

2 |3000

stephduyns avatar image
stephduyns answered ·

Hi @ejrossouw ! Yesterday, with a shiny weather, I was in front of my EasySolar and I saw the SOC jump suddenly from 89% to 100% ! I deduct that after reaching the float voltage the system realize that the battery is full. Is it correct ?

2 |3000

girbar avatar image
girbar answered ·

Si tienes monitor de baterías BMV puedes hacerlo desde ahí.

Metro duda es como saber cuando están realmente al 100%. Victron recomienda configurar la capacidad de la batería en el sistema en C20. Entonces cuando la corriente de cola baje del % configurado se deberia ajustar manualmente el SOC al 100%. Así lo entiendo yo y así lo hice en mi sistema.

2 |3000