question

gnagflow avatar image

multiple solaredge inverters with multiplus 2

Good Morning,

I have a system with 1 Solarege 3,5kW and Multiplus 2 with battery. All works well together. I read the solaredge PV data into the Victron VRM (Solaredge Register 811) with TCP Modbus like explained by Victron.

But now I want to install a second Solaredge Inverter (3 Phase). How can I get the second PV production value into my Victron sytem, either the sum of both, or each one?

Victron installation manual only offers to read out the device ID 126. Is it possible to add addtional pv production systems? I think this option will be interesting for many people.

thank you.

Wolfgang

Multiplus-IIModbus TCPsolaredge
1 comment
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi Wolfgang,

I'm trying to do the same thing, did you already found a working solution?

Thanks,

Emiel

2 Answers
gabe avatar image
gabe answered ·

Or maybe solve this problem on SolarEdge side by chaining the PV inverters in master/slave mode. Like explained here on page 7:

https://www.solaredge.com/sites/default/files/solaredge-communication_options_application_note_v2_250_and_above.pdf

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Hi

You can use a another current ct for that inverter on its output in 3 phase CT and that feeds into the USB port via a RS485 converter cable and it will show up on the screen as another PV inverter.

An all those combined inverters will be taken into account and share and supply the loads etc.

I have three different kinds brands of PV grid tied inverter wired this way and they all are combined

and share to supply the batteries or grid etc.

Note: I have a Fronius on my system and all the others show as Fronius inverters that is the only bug bear.

Regards

Rob D

NZ