question

alawwirbilal avatar image
alawwirbilal asked

2 Grid meters connected to Cerbo GX

Can anyone please help me with this!!

I have two grid meters connected to my cerbo GX.One is connected directly to the grid and the other one is connected to the multiplus end point to see how much I'm charging and discharging. How do I choose what to display on the HMI of the cerbo gx. because when they both are connected the HMI shows both at the same time and the results of the HMI jumps between both gridmeters without any control.

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxEnergy MeterModbus TCP
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Hi,

When you say Connected to the multiplus endpoint what do you mean? Do you mean AC IN? If so I dont believe you need another meter for this, as the Multiplus itself will report the information to Cerbo.

The Cebro will then do a balancing formula:

So the data the Cerbos system "knows" is Grid data (from meter), Charge/Discharge data (from Multiplus).

And the unknown variable in the formula then is how much power your loads are using which can be worked out from the two data points you know.

Grid meter +/- power from Multiplus discharge/charge = AC loads.

So you wont need another meter to sense what multiplus is charging/discharing.

If you have a separate PV inverter/generate in the system (not the multiplus) then you do need a meter on that. To assign a meter to PV you go into cerbo settings->energy meter-> select the meter -> assign role to PV inverter.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alawwirbilal avatar image alawwirbilal commented ·
thanks a lot that is what I was looking for
1 Like 1 ·