question

karlmr avatar image
karlmr asked

Error on upload for Remote VEConfigure and Multiplus

I'm trying to use Remote VEConfigure. I downloaded the settings file for my multiplus from the VRM portal (it saves it as a txt... which I rename to a rvsc file otherwise I cant even begin the upload).

I'm able to open the file, make changes, and then save changes. Saved changes reflect when I re-open the file.

I then go into VRM and upload the new rvsc file. It seems to start off OK, then I get this error:

An error occured during the configuration process.

Error Message: 'Wrong password'

Error: mk2vsc-36

How can I resolve this?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVRMVEConfigure 3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @KarlMR

This '.txt' file thing is fascinating. There is one of those that can be generated from the .rvsc file, but that's not the one to make changes in.

On Win, the .rvsc is saved in Downloads (when you tell it to save, rather than just open). The saved file should open with (local) VEConfig, you make your changes, then save it back. It may say that will happen automatically, but it may not, so save it to be sure.

Back in Remote VEConfig, when it asks for the file to upload, just click on it. All should work.

If you can't find a new .rvsc file after download, there's something strange happening. If you can find a .rvms file, it means you have multiple-linked Multi's and will need different program to open it.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

karlmr avatar image karlmr commented ·

Thanks for the response.

So I double checked on another PC - same issue, when downloading the config file, it get an option for a .txt file.

when renaming to .rvsc I can then open in VE Configure.

SO... what is interesting now that I open the file, VE Configure says I must restart the system:

This was off a different PC which didnt have the previous config file, meaning the new file was uploaded in my initial attempt, but the error mentioned before stopped the file from being applied to the Multi.

Regardless, still seems like the multi does not auto-apply this change...

0 Likes 0 ·
1582576203294.png (2.6 KiB)
1582576408162.png (21.2 KiB)
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ karlmr commented ·

The .txt file thing is still a mystery to me. I can't reproduce it. Maybe related to (Multi?) firmware, I don't know..

The 'reset' thing isn't such a mystery though. Certain changes require it, described briefly here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:remote-veconfigure

Bear in mind your power supply may falter, so be aware.

Your initial question has been asked before, with no response: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/27791/remte-ve-configue-error.html

Seems you may be in unknown territory.

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw karlmr commented ·

The usual basic checks. Is the firmware up to date on all the devices?

0 Likes 0 ·
karlmr avatar image karlmr ejrossouw commented ·

Yes latest firmware.

0 Likes 0 ·
karlmr avatar image
karlmr answered ·

OK, so after trying this in a new PC I think I found the answer. While still downloaded a text file with Chrome, and needing to rename it as mentioned above to allow the upload later, it did work on my home PC.

The first time I tried it (and subsequently again to confirm) it was on a work laptop which uses security software to encrypt the harddrive and generally tries to monitor and intercept any file uploads. While it didn't seem to pick up the upload to VRM, it seems like somehow the file does get altered which creates an issue for the multiplus.

This is the only thing I can think of that would be different.

2 |3000