question

Carlo avatar image
Carlo asked

Quattro firmware upgrade leave me with no ESS

A Split Phase system with two Quattros 48/10000/140-2x100 120v with Product ID 2754 was working with Venus v2.42 and we performed an upgrade of firmware on the Quattros to version 469.

After the upgrade of both Quattros we reconfigured via VE Config all the setting by uploading a saved version of the configuration. The setting where saved with no issues.

Once we brought the System online the Venus shows "No ESS Assistant found". We proceeded to go back and remove the assistant using VE config and adding it again, but the Venus still does not see the ESS Assistant.

Is Quattros firmware 469 for Product 2754 compatible with Venus OS 2.42? If not what would be the recommended software versions? If they are compatible what can I do to get the Venus to recognize the ESS Assistant from the Quattros?

Thanks

Carlo Marazzi

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerESSVenus GX - VGXfirmware update
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Murray van Graan avatar image Murray van Graan commented ·

I did one last week with firmware 465 and it was fine, maybe try that to see if the issue is with the firmware or the Venus?

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Carlo

I've just discovered the same, and also have a fix for now:

if you use the older ESS assistant, things work again. I've notified people about this, but it will be Monday before a fix to VE.Configure can be rolled out.

How to load older assistant:

The assistant files can normally be found in the “C:\ProgramData\VE Configure tools\Assistants” directory.

(Note that the ProgramData is a hidden directory.)

remove or rename ESS_0175.vap, so that VE. Config finds the older ESS_0174.vap as latest assistant.

Now when you open VE.Configure, it will use the 174 assistant.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Carlo avatar image Carlo commented ·

Daniel Boekel's answer solved the problem. The ESS_0175 does not work with the 469 firmware of the Quattros. Thanks you

0 Likes 0 ·
arno-odendaal avatar image
arno-odendaal answered ·

When will this issue be fixed? I have the same problem with a multiplus 48/3000 and venus, this is a month later?

@Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff)

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @Arno Odendaal

The issue was fixed the next work-day...almost a month ago.

What exact issue do you have? is your VE.Configure up to date? (it should auto update at startup)

0 Likes 0 ·
tokio69 avatar image
tokio69 answered ·

Beste,

Ik heb dit probleem nu ook. Mijn setup is 2x Multiplus II 48V/5000VA en een Venus GX.

De assistant verwijderd en terug gezet zonder resultaat.

ESS Assistent versie is 0177

Venus GX is 2.53

Devices firm 459 / product 2623

Laatste versie van de configurator bij mijn weten.

Ik krijg ook de foutmelding "No ESS Assistant found"

2 |3000

haddock avatar image
haddock answered ·

Dit was ook mijn probleem. De helpdesk van mijn leverancier heeft de ESS software weer op mijn systeem geplaatst. Probleem opgelost.

2 |3000