question

viktor avatar image
viktor asked

Using MPPT Smart Solar 250/100 and MultiPlus 48/5000/70-100 with BYD Batteries without the ESS assistant

Hi!

I have an installation with:

- MPPT Smart Solar 250/100 - 1pcs

-MultiPlus 48/5000/70-100 - 1pcs

-Venus GX.

-BYD B-Box 2.5 - 2pcs

Now it works with ESS assistant, but I want to delete this assistant, would it system work without it?

How solar charge controller will be limit output charge power?

Thanks for yor answers!

MPPT ControllersMultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerESSVenus GX - VGXBYD
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Viktor,

It is possible to use this configuration without the ESS assistant.

How to do it (using DVCC) is explained in the BYD Victron manual here

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

viktor avatar image viktor commented ·

Thank you for your answer @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)! I read this manual about DVCC, and as I understand the maximum charge current limit value will be set up for inverter and solar charger together? i.e. as I have two BYD battery 2.5, so I can set up charge current on inverter 60A and on Solar Charger 70A, but if in DVCC i set up 50A I woud have this current maximum for whole system?

And If I don't set up this value, BYD BMS will give the maximum charge current for whole system?

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ viktor commented ·

Hi @Viktor

Yes Battery will send correct maximum charge and discharge voltage to the system.

Please not that for an off-grid system, discharge current cannot be limited by Victron, because it is dependent on loads.

0 Likes 0 ·