question

Carlos Carvalho avatar image
Carlos Carvalho asked

Recommended type of RCCB for Victron Quattro 8000 running with ESS

I am located in Portugal and using a set of 2 Quattros 8000 with ESS assistant.

For the AC1 out of the Quattro it is recommended to use a RCCB.

I am using two Hager CFC240P 300mA, type AC. However they tripp quite often.

What is the advisable type of RCCB to be used in Europe for this type of installation?

AC, A, F, B ?

1620662086958.png

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerESSGenerator
1620662086958.png (160.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
gro avatar image
gro answered ·

If the Residual Current Circuit Breaker is going off perhaps you should find out where the current is going? I suggest you get a power board with a built in RCCB and plug in the likely suspects, fridge, drier, water heaters, etc. if you can’t get a power board with a built in RCCB you could try using an isolation transformer on the suspect loads. You need to find what appliances are leaking, the fact it happens several times a day should assist you in identifying the appliance that is leaking. Note when the CB goes off and see if you can correlate that to an intermittent load. 300mA of Residual Current is a substantial leakage, here in Australia we use 30mA RCCBs per cuircuit.

good luck, I suggest you find the problem instead of masking it with a different RCCB.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.