question

mollythevan avatar image
mollythevan asked

Help needed with relay in campervan conversion

I have 4 x 100 amp AGM batteries set to charge via a relay and our monitor is the BMV 712 smart. My house battery keeps draining and doesn't seem to charge at all. Is there something I need to program for the relay to charge the battery. What am I missing?

battery chargingbatterywiringcampervan
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

spirou avatar image spirou commented ·

First thing I would do is check connections on the relay are how they are supposed to be. And use a multimeter on it with the engine running/off to see if anything is passing through. That said, AGMs would really benefit from a DC-DC charger to supply them with correct voltage.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Mollythevan, please confirm which relay you're using, how you have it wired, and the presence, condition, and brand(s) of the fuses or circuit breakers that you have on each end of the relay to protect the wiring; without all the pertinent information it's difficult to provide troubleshooting for the setup. Best regards!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual