question

derekcirillo avatar image
derekcirillo asked

Problems with BMV-72 smart monitor and with solar charge controller 30|100

So ill start with the BMV-712 .. as soon as i connected it to my battery bank 2 100AH 12V battle born batteries in Parallel it gave me a midvoltage warning .. i couldn't find anything on the internet that applied to my specific problem

Now the charge controller.. when i look at the app it says 0watts when my battery switch is on and my battery isnt fully charged and therent isnt a sun in the sky .. is that normal ?

battery chargingbatterysolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ยท

1. Look into the settings maybe there is something with a midpoint alarm. Maybe you can give us some screenshots.

2. What PV voltage do you have? (screenshots)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

derekcirillo avatar image
derekcirillo answered ยท

Yah im getting a midpoint alarm but these are brand new batterys i just set Up and bought at the samE time so i assumed maybe it was something wrong with my setup ?

The solar panels r brand new also as well as the charge controller

Im kind of new to all this stuff and learning as i go but it seems that on a really sunny day with 2 175Watt solar panels I should be getting more then 10watts right?

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE โ™ฆ commented ยท

1. You have a 12v system so you don't have a midpoint to measure 2. The 2nd contact at the shunt PCB is free so the BMV can't measure anything there. Go to the settings and there should be a option to select what is connected to the 2nd input (you should select starter battery)

The MPPT is in float = battery is nearly full take a look at the settings (screenshot).

0 Likes 0 ยท

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual