Yesterday I tried updating the firmware on my Multiplus II 48/3000/35-32 (then on firmware 459), using VictronConnect 5.11 on macOS Mojave (10.14.6).
This is what happened -
- There is a Venus GX plugged into the Multiplus II, and I plugged another UTP (RJ45) cable into the Venux GX as it was easily accessible. I initially only wanted to change the charging efficiency setting on the Multiplus II.
- I saw that there was a firmware update, and followed prompts in VictronConnect to update. I was still connected via the Venus GX - correctly / incorrectly, I don't know.
- The update failed with Victron Connect saying it lost connection to the Multiplus - for a short while a combination of LEDs was flickering on the inverter, and then it reset itself (or something) and was working again.
- I took a short time myself to recover from my own kernel panic.
- I realized that veflash asked you to connect directly to the inverter, and not to have anything else connected. So, I disconnected the venus gx, connected directly to inverter via the mk3.
- I tried the firmware update again - to v463 - and this time Victron Connect crashed on the mac. The inverter just had the "bulk" LED on.
- I had another kernel panic myself. After a while I switched the inverter off, and on again - and it was fine.
- I decided that this was enough fun with Victron Connect on mac, and updated via veflash to 2628465.vff - successfully.
I am not sure what the issue is with Victron Connect, but I did not try updating the firmware a third time...