question

Tim Rohrer avatar image
Tim Rohrer asked

Why is time remaining so short when SoC is 50%; SOC alarm is set to 1%; voltage alarm 12.0?

I have seen a similar topic but the explanation of alarm set points is not the same in my situation.

I am currently at 50% SOC drawing about 10A. Battery voltage is reported at >13V but time remaining is being reported as 2 minutes now. It has been bouncing around a low number for a little bit, but this is the lowest reported so far.

My bank is 600Ah, and my current discharge is showing -309Ah.

Everything seems to make sense except the time remaining.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BMV Battery MonitorVictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ยท

The remaining time to go is calculated based on the value set at "relay SOC" and that is 50% by default.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Tim Rohrer avatar image Tim Rohrer commented ยท

Thank you @M.Lange.

I'm not understanding the relay. I'll try to research more, but is there any reason why I shouldn't set that alarm point lower to create a more accurate reading?

0 Likes 0 ยท
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE โ™ฆ Tim Rohrer commented ยท

What type of batteries do you have? Lead? Lithium?

0 Likes 0 ยท
Tim Rohrer avatar image Tim Rohrer Matthias Lange - DE โ™ฆ commented ยท

Lithium. I assume the relay's default is set to 50% for lead batteries?

I guess I'm also confused on why there is a relay alarm and a "regular" alarm? Perhaps I'm confused because my setup is fairly straightforward. Do I even need the relay if I'm not using external monitoring equipment other than Victron Connect? Or, am I not taking advantage of something?

0 Likes 0 ยท