question

notger avatar image
notger asked

Logging Wattage of different DC Circuits separately (CCGX, Orion, BMV)

Hi,

I convert my 24 Volts of my Batterie in 12Volts with two DCDC Converters.

In my OffGridSystem I use 3 different DC Circuits

• - 24 Volt Circuit directly connected to the batterie for Camping-Fridge and some 24 Volt Camping equipment
  • - 12 Volt Circuit (max. 120 Watts/10A ) just for LED-lights and small consumers.
  • - and a 12 Volt Circuit (max.480 Watts/40A) for some Camping kitchen tool, Computer Chargers and other rather high Wattage Consumers.

With an BMV hocked to my CCGX I would have an overview about all consumed Energy.

But I’d love to log the Wattage of all 3 Circuits separate to find the Energy-Suckers in the System, and make Energy optimization, and potential Cut-Off (in case of low Battery and no PV Charge)of one DC Circuit more easy.

I think a possibility would be some kind of VE.Direct compatible Shunt, or DC Energymeter, that does not just Sum up to one “DC Load” in the CCGX.

Or is there an Orion DCDC Converter planned in near future that has VE.Direct and Logging features and for sure accuracy in Energy measurement. -->That actually would solve the whole Topic with one Device.

Any other ideas how i could measure, log, and Display 3 different DC Circuits with the CCGX ?

Greets and Thanks

Gernot

BMV Battery MonitorCCGX Color ControlOrion DC-DC Converters not smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
notger avatar image
notger answered ·

I Do not own or use a BMV right now,...so i can not try the following

hooking up the three DC Circuits to three BMV's or actually three BMV Shunts.

But ??!

how would those values show up in CCGX or VRM-Portal

It wouldn't matter too much if it sums up at the Overview screen,...but is the any sub menue, where i could check out what Ah, Watts,...BMV.No1, BMV.No2 or the third BMV where measuring ?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @notger

Multiple BMV's do show up in the 'device list' in GX device, only one can be chosen to display as battery monitor on the 'front page'

on VRM you get all BMV's in the 'advanced' page. You can name each so it's easy to see what BMV is what.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page

Victron BMV battery monitors product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic