question

Anil Ghatikar avatar image
Anil Ghatikar asked

#10 Alarm system time sync error , #1 device switched off random reboots

For last couple of months my system ( 3 x 5 KVA Quattors in 3 phase with BYD 10 KWH) randomly resets ( all the quartos go offline and come back on)

#10 Alarm system time sync error, #1 device switched off commonly seen.

Initially, I Suspected network cabling so replaced with CAT 7 high-quality cables and cleaned the network sockets with contact cleaning fluid

Also, checked if all DC connections are tight ( they are )

There seems to be no pattern to these switch offs ( observed at 2 am in the night and also during afternoon or evenings ) -

The system works fine for a couple of weeks and in one day I could face one or more restarts with associated error logs

All firmwares are the latest except Quatro which are on V430 ( latest is 464 i believe)

Quetsions

1- Is there a detailed log somewhere indicating which unit is causing the shutdown

2. Should I upgrade quattro firmsware to rule out any other issues

3. Is this the issue of any external EMF affecting the network cabling ( they run parallel to the power cables - not in my opinion as CAT 7 are each pair individually shielded )

https://www.pcgamer.com/what-are-the-differences-between-cat5-cat6-and-cat7-ethernet-cables/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO/IEC_11801#CAT7

Class F channel and Category 7 cable are backward compatible with Class D/Category 5e and Class E/Category 6. Class F features even stricter specifications for crosstalk and system noise than Class E. To achieve this, shielding was added for individual wire pairs and the cable as a whole. Unshielded cables rely on the quality of the twists to protect from EMI. This involves a tight twist and carefully controlled design. Cables with individual shielding per pair such as category 7 rely mostly on the shield and therefore have pairs with longer twists.

firmware updateVE.Direct3 phase
error-log.jpg (37.9 KiB)
error-log-2.jpg (37.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Anil Ghatikar

Did you find the issue in you system?

1- Is there a detailed log somewhere indicating which unit is causing the shutdown

-no unfortunately you cannot see this

2. Should I upgrade quattro firmware to rule out any other issues

-Yes, that is always the first step when troubleshooting

3. Is this the issue of any external EMF affecting the network cabling

-probably not, but if you want to make sure, use new cables tot test, directly from unit to unit.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Anil Ghatikar avatar image
Anil Ghatikar answered ·

@Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff)

Thanks

It has stopped now for last 3 weeks / fingers crossed

I suspect one network jack in Unit A phase as Ve config could not recognize the inverter till I changed teh cabel to alternate port

also other Things I did

1. Updated firmwares to 464

2. Air blower to whoe inverter

3. Moves the cables on side of DC Cabling - erlier they world enter in between +ve / -ve cables

2 |3000

Nicholas Herbst avatar image
Nicholas Herbst answered ·

I am experiencing a similar issue on my installation.

3 x Quattro 15kVA in an off-grid application using AC & DC-coupled solar on a Pylontech battery bank.

I get sporadic occurrences of notification #1 Device Switched Off.

I have updated to firmware version 476 and replaced all VE.BUS cables with Victron supplied cables.

When it occurs, all of the LED's on the Phase L1 Master simply go out, and the other two inverters present an LED combo indicating that they are missing the master. 30s later the Phase L1 master restarts and the 3 inverters begin inverting again. No alarm in the VRM alarm logs. Only a notification on the Victron Cerbo GX indicating #1 device has switched off.

2 |3000

dafyddhirst avatar image
dafyddhirst answered ·

Ive just had the same on 2 3 phase systems except all i get is the system notification that says Device switched off.

This has caused issues on multiple times

system 1 - 3 x quatro 15X v476 90kwh of agm storage no ess

system 2 - 3 x quatro 15X v478 90kwh of agm storage no ess

system 2 also on disconnecting the charging input the output goes off sometimes with no off state .just drops the output for 10s

This could be game over for our Victron usage if this cant be fixed. Should not have to UPS a battery system !!!

2 |3000