question

Tony avatar image
Tony asked

Pylontech Cable size

Hi,

I would be grateful if someone could tell me what is the thickness of the Pylontech extra long cables are.

Many Thanks

Tony

Pylontechwiring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
spudgun avatar image
spudgun answered ·

Hi Tony,

The 2m cables are 25mm2 (4AWG) and according to the user manual they are rated for 120A.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Tony avatar image Tony commented ·

Thanks, Do you have a link for the manual as I can't find one.

0 Likes 0 ·

Ok forget that, I just found the manual, but thanks anyway

0 Likes 0 ·
Mikael avatar image
Mikael answered ·

Hi

According to this https://voltaconsolar.com/batteries/lithium-ion/pylontech-battery-cables.html

35mm2. I can't physically check my cables as they are in a remote location. But I am 99% sure that it' correct.

Regards

Mikael

2 comments
2 |3000

Thank you for replying

0 Likes 0 ·
Michael Timler avatar image Michael Timler Tony commented ·

No, sorry, Mikael, it's 25 mm². Which is, by the way, way to thin. I have US2000 and on discharging currents of about 90A, the cables start to become warm.

Means, they seem to be a little undersized for a stack of five US2000, which allows even 125A steady current discharge.

Your dealer put the wrong dimension.

Here is another one (Germany):

https://www.bau-tech.shop/batterie/litium/litium-48v/pylontech-batterieanschlusskabel-set.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIo9rHgPOA6QIVEuR3Ch0RGgn6EAYYAiABEgKzcfD_BwE

0 Likes 0 ·
Tony avatar image
Tony answered ·

Update, Just in case someone else needs to know the cable sizes. I've now got my cables, and written on them is 4AWG (25mm)

Tony

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron Pylontech battery compatibility guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic