question

Mikael avatar image
Mikael asked

CAN-bus BMS type A or B for new Pylontech

Hi

I have just bought two new Pylontech US2000 but just want to make sure connect the correct CAN-bus BMS cable. After what understand from
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom
It should be " VE.Can to CAN-bus BMS type B Cable, part number ASS030720018"

1636015129092.png

Is this correct?

Best Regards
Mikael

Pylontechwiring
1636015129092.png (1.8 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

As it's written in the link.

Typ B for US2000/US3000/UP2500 and Typ A for US2000C/US3000C/UP5000/Force-L.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mikael avatar image
Mikael answered ·
1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

It should be easy to check via the part number or missing “C”.

The earlier models limit discharge current to 25A per battery so you can also check via the bms parameters on the GX.

0 Likes 0 ·
lance avatar image
lance answered ·

I'm going to try this question here, as it is related but, for a Batrium BMS versus Plyontech.

Batrium says Victron will communicate with Cerbo GX. They link to a cable to use on Victron's site but, at that link is a type A and B, and nowhere does Batrium or Victron say which is the correct cable to use. I've looked for clues within Batrium's page, (https://support.batrium.com/article/110-how-to-control-victron-gx-with-watchmon) to no avail but, I've VERY limited knowledge of this stuff.... Really hoping to find someone who's actually made this connection and can do some hand holding! Currently have a Watchmon 7 but, that may be about to change to the Watchmon Core.

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
It looks like you have to cut off one side of the cable and connect the bare wires in that case it doesn't matter what cable you are using, you just have to use the correct wires according to the pinout of the Victron Can-port.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Victron Pylontech battery compatibility guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic