question

jsheehan avatar image
jsheehan asked

Can I connect my Pylontech Batteries like this?

Hi,

Here is my wiring diagram, I am a bit worried about the size of the Pylontech cables 25mm2 connecting to the inverter, So I was wondering if you can connect your batteries like this and then have a 50mm2 cable from the lynx to the inverter? And if this is ok what size Mega fuses will I need in the lynx distributor?

screen-shot-2021-10-19-at-13503-pm.png

Pylontechwiring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
cristimv avatar image
cristimv answered ·

The cables and fuses have to be sized based on the maximum current that should pass. If you start from the Multi II, then you have a maximum possible current of 70A (for 48V). The Pylontech cables are rates to 120A, therefore also one pair of cables should be enough for 2 batteries in parallel. Therefore, having them as in the picture is even better.

If use the Lynx distributor, then you need to use Mega fuses...and the smallest one is the 125A

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

piet-hein-van-asselen avatar image piet-hein-van-asselen commented ·
I know this is an old thread, but i am curious on how you get 70A max possible current, while allready on full load the Multi can discharge around 100A. And keep in mind it can be twice this amount for a short period...

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ piet-hein-van-asselen commented ·

The US3000s are rated for 37A each. So together close to 70A discharge nominal. Probably just referring to their discharge not what the inverter can do.

Batteries are undersized for the system as you pointed out it needs more amps.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Victron Pylontech battery compatibility guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic