question

jalhex avatar image
jalhex asked

Is there some device in order to make the role of the DVCC?

I'm planning to install a Lynx Smart BMS in my RV. However, the owner of the factory where I am assembling the motorhome said that there is a circuit that works as a DVCC and can be used with the VE.Bus BMS. I've never heard about it. Someone knows if it is true?

BMSVE.BusDVCClynx bms
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Jalhex

A GX device is where DVCC control is managed. Not sure if that is what the person is referring to.

See the related resources box on this page there is a link to an explanation of DVCC.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jalhex avatar image
jalhex answered ·

Dear Alexandra, I appreciated your answer. I'm gonna explaining you my doubt again. I know the DVCC is one of Lynx BMS's features. I know this feature converts the Cerbo into an active controller rather than just a passive manager. However, the guy suggested that I could save money by purchasing a VE.BusBMS instead of a Lynx BMS. So, he'd utilize a separate device to perform the DVCC function. My question is: Does this device, this circuit, whatever, exist??

1 comment
2 |3000

if you have a external battery pack, like i have, with integrated BMS you use DVCC so the battery BMS is the one that controls the battery charger and sets all voltage, currents limits and when to start charging and when to stop.
0 Likes 0 ·
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

Have a read of the VE Bus BMS V2 manual as it describes things, especially section 3.3.4. My understanding of this section of the manual is that in normal operation full DVCC is not implemented, all chargers work independently, the BMS is not acting as a charge master device. If the batteries have a problem then the BMS uses DVCC to stop all charging from appropriate Victron chargers.

The Lynx BMS acts as a master charge controller using DVCC to tell all connected devices what charge voltage and maximum current to use as well as shutting down chargers via DVCC.

The choice of VE Bus BMS V2 or Lyns BMS depends on if full DVCC is important or not, or if you are trying to integrate the alternator via a Wakespeed controller or if you value the final fallback of the contactor.

3.3.4. DVCC operation with VE.Bus BMS V2

In order for the GX device to control the solar chargers, Inverter RS or Multi RS in a system with a VE.Bus BMS V2, DVCC must be enabled. These chargers are controlled by setting their maximum charge current limit to zero when the VE.Bus BMS V2 requests that charging should stop.

Note that the presence of a VE.Bus BMS V2 does not control the charge voltage of the solar chargers, Inverter RS, Multi RS or a Multi.

• In a non-ESS (off-grid) system, the solar chargers, Inverter RS, Multi RS and Multi follow their own internal charge algorithm. Here, all devices must be set to the appropriate lithium charge algorithm.

1 comment
2 |3000