question

garnet avatar image
garnet asked

ve.bus bms v2 and DVCC

I've upgraded to the new BMS v2.
I upgraded from the old BMS v1 because I want to utilize DVCC.

However when I enter the DVCC settings on my Venus GX, my choices for the controlling BMS are still automatic selection or no BMS control.
I was expecting to see the new V2 BMS popup as an option.

My question is 'What is the expected behavior for this setting with the new BMS v2?'

no-bms.png

I've reset the ve.bus and redetected the ve.bus with no effect.

Victron Connect shows me that the Multiplus charging is being controlled by a BMS.
So there is some communication happening.
victron-connect.png

I have Victron smart lithium batteries (v1.31).

I have a multiplus 12/3000/120 (v502), remote panel, bms V2 (v113) and a Venus GX (v3.00~29) connected to the ve.bus.

I've updated the firmware on all of those devices.

I also have x4 MPPT smart controllers connected to the venus GX via ve.can (v3.13). Those firmware were also updated. I was also expecting their networking operation to be BMS controlled, but they still say standalone, bms controlled = no.

smart-mppt-standalone.png
I'm just wondering if anyone else is doing this and what could I expect the behaviour to be?

Or, am I missing something?

BMSVE.BusDVCC
no-bms.png (140.2 KiB)
victron-connect.png (133.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
enodev avatar image
enodev answered ·

Just facing probably the same thing. MPPT for me displays that it is actually BMS controlled, but DVCC page still says there is no controlling BMS...

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/256027/dvcc-with-vebus-bms-v2-cerbo-gx-mppt-smart-solar-1.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.