question

thomaslederer avatar image
thomaslederer asked

Multiplus II switches off with VE.Bus Error 1 or VE.Bus Error3

Hello everyone,

I have the following 3 phase installation in operation for about half a year now:

- 3 x Multiplus II 48/5000/70

- 6 x Pylontech US3000C

- 2 x MPPT 250/100 Tr VE.Can

- Cerbo Gx

The system only operates in isolated mode (mains is always switched off). So far everything has worked without any problems. However, errors have been occurring again and again for a few days now: The system switches off and shows the error VE.Bus Error 1 or VE.Bus Error 3. Nothing has changed with regard to the electrical consumers in the system. The communication cables are all original Victron cables.

After closer inspection, I can say that it probably depends on the inverter L2. When the system shuts down, the LEDs on the L1 and L3 inverters switch back and forth between "inverter" and "float". At the L2 inverter on the other hand, either nothing lights up at all or the LED lights up at bulk.

It is also noticeable that the error is more likely to occur when I add larger loads, such as an 8kW heating element. However, not exclusively. Even with low loads, the error has been recurring in the last few days.

At the moment, I am pretty confused as to what is causing this error.

Any hints or helps would be very appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards

Multiplus-IIoffgrid3 phaseVE.Bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
delf67 avatar image
delf67 answered ·

Is the heating element 3 phase?

Both errors indicate that one unit in a multi-unit setup (either 3-phase or parallel) has gone off for some reason.

What does the Cerbo display on this screen?vebus-alarm-status.png

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

thomaslederer avatar image thomaslederer commented ·
@delf67 Yes exactly, the heating element is 3 phase. Regarding the cerbo display, everything looks just as in your screen above, as I remember. I will check again today and come back to you with the final answer.

BR

Thomas

0 Likes 0 ·