question

t4abyss avatar image
t4abyss asked

Does the smart battery sense work with integrated bluetooth on the newer smart & blue solar models?

The FAQ states the separate dongle is required, maybe it needs updating to include the newer models that have bluetooth integrated dont require the VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart dongle (ASS030536011)

Just confirming before I replace my controller with either the latest BlueSolar 75/15 or latest SmartSolar 100/20, as it seems counter-intuitive to then purchase a separate smart dongle

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:ve-smart-networking

MPPT ControllersSmart Battery SenseVE.Direct Bluetooth Smart Dongle
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Peter Polz avatar image
Peter Polz answered ·

Victron integrate BT in Smartsolar that you don't have to buy an extra Dongel for SmartNetwork ;) So it doesn't make sense for you to buy a seperate dongle if you are going to buy a new Smartsolar Mppt.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

I understand the confusion, I have modified the VE.Smart Networking FAQ table and I hope that this makes it clearer.

The SmartSolar have built in bluetooth, and all new 75, 100 and 150V models will work with the smart battery sense without requiring a dongle. I am confirming if the 250V models are compatible yet.

The BlueSolar models do NOT have built in bluetooth and will require the dongle.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Smart Battery Sense Product Page

Smart Battery Sense Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic