question

David avatar image
David asked

Smart Battery Sense with no MPPT - just mobile phone

Hi Victron team,

Thanks for your other responses. I'm assuming we can sell the Smart Battery Sense if customers just want to monitor batt voltage via their mobile phone APP and they have no other Victron MPPT's or devices in the system. I read the product documentation which covers how to set up a network between MPPT's etc, but not just having the Battery Sense in isolation.

Thanks

David

Smart Battery Sense
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Christian Lindermann avatar image
Christian Lindermann answered ·

Hi David.

That’s possible (I just have one here). As standalone device you can use it to monitor battery voltage and temperature. But of course only over your smartphone. You don’t even need to create a smart network in this case. Just install it to the battery an pair the device in the VE app...

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

David avatar image David commented ·

Thanks Chisitian, I assumed it would work but just needed some comfort. We're prepping a story for our website so now I can post it and not look like a dh.

Cheers

David

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Smart Battery Sense Product Page

Smart Battery Sense Manual