question

stavros avatar image
stavros asked

VE Smart Bus with Multiplus 12/500/20 - remote connection question

Hi

I have a set up (I did not build) with both the above mentioned units -

I was hoping I could use the app to remotely turn the inverter on/off but I see no option to do so on the app when I connect to the smart buss...

there was no ethernet cable connecting the two initially so I've connected them but still I don't see the option on the app... should this be possible and what could I be doing wrong if so?

I've looked in the manuals but get a little confused!

Thanks to anybody for support

VictronConnectVE.Bus Smart Dongle
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Stavros

The BT smart dongle connects to the VE BUS port. Is it plugged in there? Have you connected the power chords as well?

If it is over Bluetooth so the distance of broadcast is as remote as you will get with Victron connect.

If it is not picking up the inverter (but it is on and discoverable by the Victron connect app) then the firmware may be to old on the inverter. It does have a minimum requirement.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stavros avatar image
stavros answered ·

Hi thanks Alexandra

Yes all is powered on, and I believe is connected to the correct port. - see pics for reference..

I did read that the Multi needs a certain firmware identified by a number but I couldn't find a sticker which references the number of the firm on it on the unit... Is there any other way I could tell?

If all was working correctly - would I access the inverter on the app via the dongle, or would/should the multi show up as it's own device?

I struggle to understand manuals often and find being able to ask questions helps me so thank you again for taking the time to support me.

Also just to add - when I select the dongle on the app, all I see is the battery voltage temp - nothing reference the inverter shows up at all at the moment

img-0788.jpegimg-0787.jpegimg-0789.jpeg

img-0788.jpeg (3.1 MiB)
img-0787.jpeg (3.1 MiB)
img-0789.jpeg (2.9 MiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

stavros avatar image stavros commented ·
Also just to add - when I select the dongle on the app, all I see is the battery voltage temp - nothing reference the inverter shows up at all at the moment
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic