question

tomf avatar image
tomf asked

VE.Bus Smart Dongle conflicting wih remote switch 2

I know from previous posts that is conflict between VE.Bus Smart Dongle and remote switch.
But its possible to have remote switch and use VE.Bus Smart Dongle only for preview charging status.

1. Remote switch is useful in every day when I need 230V. All my family just click a button.
2. Smart dongle is enough for me when I would like to check charging status.

Maybe is some option via mk3 and Victron Connect - do not allow to use virtual switch just only remote?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVictronConnectVE.Bus Smart Dongle
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@TomF

With the remote panel (I am hoping I understood that it is the DMC that you have on the system?) the dongle should work for basic monitoring, but you wont be able to change input current or change modes of operation. See the first table in the introduction. It is not a conflict per say, more of a priority setting. And no, it is not user settable with an mk3.

The smart dongle always has a lower priority to any GX installed in the system

You can disable virtual switch with an mk3.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tomf avatar image tomf commented ·

Hi @Alexandra again :)

Its not DMC and I do not have any GX, its only simple switch like on the front panel - connected directly into main board (Terminal L). And this switch make sens for not technical users. On, Off, Charge only. I just set DIP switches on main boards.

ds1: "off" ds2: "off" - "Settings for remote operation with 3-way switch.

zrzut-ekranu-2022-03-16-o-235632.png

On front panel I left switch on.

And Its working correctly but not with VE.Bus Smart Dongle.

When the Smart Dongle is connected. I can't turn off Multiplus via 3-way switch.
I can do this only by Victron Connect APP or front panel.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ tomf commented ·
@TomF

The smart dongle overrides the physical switch.

VE bus settings with the software have priority over the dip. That's is why you can set things with an mk3 and it does not matter how the dip switches were done.

It may be easier to get a Bmv or smart shunt to monitor the SOC without interfering with the switch.

0 Likes 0 ·