question

portsample avatar image
portsample asked

Temperature sensor details

I have three temperature sensors (see picture). tempsensors.jpgTwo came with my two Multiplus-II inverters, and one came with my Lynx shunt. At the moment I have only one battery. The sensors that came with the Multiplus units each have a positive and a negative lead, the one that came with the Lynx shunt has both leads going into a green plug. I have a Cerbo unit as well. What configuration makes the most sense? I am planning to get more batteries. Start off using the one with the green plug that came with the shunt, then connect the other two to the CerboGX as I get more batteries...but wait, can they be connected to the CerboGX or are they specific to the Multiplus units? Trying to get the details correct before I commit power to my system. Thanks in advance.

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxTemperature Sensorlynx shunt
tempsensors.jpg (64.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
daza avatar image
daza answered ·

Multiplus one can connect to the Cerbo model should be ASS000001000

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mathieuras avatar image
mathieuras answered ·

The temperature sensor inputs on the cerbo gx are analog voltage-based inputs.

The Victron sensors are microprocessors, so that you are not affected by varying voltages and cable resistance. Never try to "measure" such a sensor, otherwise there is a chance that it will be broken immediately.

The sensor type is an LM335 in case you want to build them yourself. There are how to's on youtube.

Just so you know, digital sensors like a pt100 or pt1000 will not work on the cerbo! (These are digital)

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Just use one, and in the Cerbo settings turn on shared temperature (can't remember the exact name).

Ideally when you add more batteries the sensor should be on the warmest battery, usually in the middle of the bank.

2 |3000