question

kamflyer avatar image
kamflyer asked

Smartshunt/DC Energy meter E/I values not showing in VRM

I run 3 3rd party MPPT controllers tied into my system via a Smartshunt configured as a DC Energy Meter. This works very well with the exception that I cannot see the Voltage and Current values in VRM (see attached). These values are present in Victron Connect and the Advanced page widgets. Is this normal or am I missing something somewhere? If this is normal, can this serve as a formal VRM feature request?

Thanksscreenshot-2024-02-20-at-83340am.png

screenshot-2024-02-20-at-85017am.png

VRMSmartShuntEnergy Meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

The VRM dash is not designed for these types of scenarios, similar challenges when using 3rd party inverters with meters.

You can chart normally via widgets but the dash is designed exclusively around victron devices and assorted supported third party devices (BMS's, PV inverters etc).

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kamflyer avatar image kamflyer commented ·
But the Smartshunt IS a Victron device. All the charge current from the 3rd party SCC's flows through it. It IS reporting the data to the VRM as it appears in the widgets, just not on the dashboard.
0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ kamflyer commented ·
@KamFlyer

Just to be clear here.. The values reported in the V and A fields for Victron mppts are Solar Panel values, not mppt output ('charge') figures. Even for a Victron mppt you have to delve deeper to find those.

0 Likes 0 ·