question

mp2nz avatar image
mp2nz asked

SmartShunt 500A IP65 - Not showing in VRM

I have a Multiplus II 48/5000 GX, with a Smart Solar MPPT connected to the GX via a ve.direct to USB adaptor. I have now added a SmartShunt with the ve.direct connected to the GX ve.direct plug via a female to female adaptor cable.

My issue is that the SmartShunt does not show up on VRM. When I check the device list it is not present either. However, when I click on the update firmware of connected devices, I can see the SmartShunt there. I was also able to update the firmware via the GX and later confirmed that the firmware was indeed updated via VictronConnect on my phone.

Thus the data connection between the GX and the SmartShunt is functional in both directions. However it still does not show up as I think it should.

Does anyone have any ideas what more could be done to get the correct functionality?

Multiplus-IIVRMSmartShunt
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@mp2nz

An interesting one for sure.

Have you tried swapping the ve direct cable between the mppt and the shunt?

0 Likes 0 ·
mp2nz avatar image mp2nz Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Yes, switching the Smartshunt to the USB adaptor still does not bring it onto VRM. The ve.direct cable is too short to try plugging the MPPT in to it.
0 Likes 0 ·
Hi @mp2nz

What is the Venus OS firmware version running on the GX?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
mp2nz avatar image mp2nz Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·
v2.74 I'm updating to v3.20 now. Will update if it fixes the problem.
0 Likes 0 ·
mp2nz avatar image mp2nz Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·
The GX firmware update did indeed advance the solution. The Smartshunt now shows in remote console and VRM device list.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
mp2nz avatar image
mp2nz answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.