question

cyril-calvignac avatar image
cyril-calvignac asked

ESS Scheduled charging not working / multiplus 5000

Hello,

I am new comer there. I use my system Victron Mulitplus 5000 / MPPT 250V / 60A, since last september and all was fine.

since few days / weeks, the scheduled charging of the battery (LG resu10) during the night is not working anymore. I scheduled to charge my battery at 35%

there was no changing on the set up, and i did try many option but i cannot load anymore the battery with a schedule charging program.

Can someone help me to solve my issue ?

Thanks.

Multiplus-IIbattery chargingESSVRM
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Cyril Calvignac

When you say you cannot load the battery, do you mean the color control no longer has it listed as a device?

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
cyril-calvignac answered ·

Thanks Alexandre to help me.

I still see the battery listed as a device in the Color control.

But the battery is not charging. for example if the battery is at 20% and i request a charging at 35%, using the grid. the battery is not charging and stay at 20%

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Cyril Calvignac Can you force it to charge to 100% by setting it to '"keep batteries charged"' in the ESS menu on the GX?

ejrossouw has a valid point though, is your GX set to update automatically?

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

I have exactly the same setup and have no problems after any updates. Can you plse post some pictures of the settings. Note - This is not a Victron supported battery for this model inverter. Lots of things to look at. What is the battery health %. When last did you upgrade ESS assistant? Does DVCC work correctly as there was a mention some older battery firmware versions are not comptible with it. Indeed see if it can be force charged as suggested by Alexandre. Are the battery fuses ok? What voltage does the battery measure at the battery end and also inverter end? Have you tried resetting the battery etc. etc.

0 Likes 0 ·
cyril-calvignac avatar image cyril-calvignac ejrossouw commented ·

@Alexandra

i did try to force it yesterday evening and it was working. strange.

So i did a new schedule charging tonight, and it was working. the only strange things now is that is it charging at 500 w only (before it was charging at 2000W) so to charge the battery it takes time.

I attached picture of some screen to show you the setting.

The GX update automatically, last update 20200405, maybe problem is coming from there ?

I did reboot my battery this morning.

thanks for your help.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ cyril-calvignac commented ·

@Cyril Calvignac the update is not likely the issue. ejrossouw has not had issues since the update.

With DVCC switched on it is most likely that it is the battery dictating how it wants to be charged. I have switched this off for some battery types even though it is recommended for it to be on. It is recommended for it to be on for your battery type.

Since @ejrossouw has hands on experience with this I am sure he is in a better position to help.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:lg_chem_resu In the discuss at the bottom of this article some guys have adjusted some settings with success.

0 Likes 0 ·

@Cyril Calvignac Thank you for the screen shots. I'd propose to turn off STS and SVS. Use only the battery as master. What is the current battery parameters at?

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

@Cyril Calvignac Did anything change in your system e.g. automatic firmware updates? What does the system show as battery monitor in the remote console under system setup?

2 |3000

cyril-calvignac answered ·

@ejrossouw

thanks for your reply.

Yes i could turn off STS and SVS. No risk for the battery ?

This nigth, it seems system was working good. after the restart of the battery yesterday.

find attached picture of current battery parameters. it is what you want to see ?

Thanks guys !

1 comment
2 |3000

Yes thank you. Glad to hear. All looks fine. With smart batteries there in only a need for one source of truth, the battery so yes, turn all other shared setting off in dvcc. Mine works perfectly like this.

0 Likes 0 ·