Hello folks, a couple of questions. I have a VW camper with a solar panel c/w Bluesmart 75/15 MPPT controller connected to a SuperB Lithium 90Ah battery with built in BMS. I need to add a mains (240V) charger & am looking at either the Bluesmart IP22 12/15 or the Bluesmart IP65 12/15. Reading through the instruction manual for the IP35 version, I see that a "Test" is carried out prior to charge commencing,:-
The TEST LED will flash as long as a charge pulse does
not increase battery voltage to more than 12,5V resp. 25V.
If the flashing persists during several minutes the battery is
probably damaged (internal short-circuit): disconnect the
A false rejection may occur if a load is simultaneously
draining a very weak or fully discharged battery during the
test phase: disconnect the load and repeat the test.
1) If during the test phase, the solar charger is charging the battery, would the IP65 12/15 charger see the increased battery voltage & assume a fault & fail the test?
2) Is the IP35 version designed to run in parallel with other charging sources? If not, would the IP22 version suffer the same problem?
3) The charger will be permanently hardwired to the to the battery. Depending on circumstances it's highly likely that the charger maybe powered up whilst loads are simultaneously connected, (fridge/lights/diesel heater etc.) these loads may be running during the "test" phase, would this be an issue for either charger in question?
4) If the "test" fails, does the charger lockout until the next power up cycle or does it retry after a period of time?
5) Is there a more suitable charger for the application, it must be Lithium capable & be suitable for permanent installation in a small space, preferably fan-less.
Thanks for any help.