question

testor90 avatar image
testor90 asked

SmartShunt and Seplos BMS

Hello!

My Question:
I have a Seplos BMS, and if the batteries are charged to 100% and the DC power should be exported to the Grid, ich have a lot of oscilation in current and Voltage going in and out of the battery.

Why is this? What can i do?

So i purchased a Smartshunt, now the problem is, even if i set my smartshunt as batterrmonitor it keeps the Mppts at "external control" and I would like my victron charging algorithm back.

But also to keep the BMS in the system for analytics.
What do i have to set?

Thank you!

BMSSmartShuntseplos
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@TestOr90

When a BMS is connected DVCC is the system it uses to control the system. This is how I have removed the BMS with one of my systems at home.

Just a warning though I have seen posts saying the Seplos still sends commands to the system bypassing the expected control route. But I don't know much else about it. I didn't really read the whole thread.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

testor90 avatar image testor90 commented ·
Thank you,

I tried a lot and nothing helped :(

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ testor90 commented ·
ESS assistant keeps the mppts at external control. I assume because you are wanting to feedback that is what you are using. ESS allows the system to override DVCC limits to make that happen. It is mentioned in the ESS manual.

The only way to remove external control is to remove ESS assistant and prevent the BMS from trying to control the system.

0 Likes 0 ·
johnparvic avatar image johnparvic Alexandra ♦ commented ·
But why does the BMS control the system if the Battery Monitor is set to Smartshunt?

Does ESS ignore "System Setup" and use the BMS anyway?

John

0 Likes 0 ·
johnparvic avatar image
johnparvic answered ·
2 |3000