question

lavignedavid avatar image
lavignedavid asked

VE.Bus, MultiPlus and Cerbo Combination

Hey there folks! Just wondering if there's been any change with this. I'm planning my first deployment with Victron LiFeP0s - already installed are: Cerbo, smart-shunt 500, BlueSolar100/30 and MutiPlus 12/3000/120. We love the system, but are planning to add 4x 200ah VE lithium batteries and a BMS. We also have a 250A(12v) alternator.... I definitely want to retain the ability to remote on/off/inverter switch with the Cerbo. What's our best bet? Given what I read here, it sounds like a smallBMS, hardwired to smart battery protects and charge disconnects? I like that the VE.Bus BMS reports to VRM/Cerbo (no other VE BMS's do, apparently?), but do not want to lose the control capabilities.....

cerbo gxBMSSmartShuntmultiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Look at the victron LynxBMS,

The ve-bms unit will stop you being able to turn the inverter on and off remotely.

maybe use your existing bmv as a alternator shunt so you then know what the alternator is doing as the LynxBMS has a shunt included.

for the alternator use a ws500 regulator.

the above units then also would on DVL DCL and CCL control

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lavignedavid avatar image lavignedavid commented ·
Ok, so - no change. Which makes me wonder, why bother with the expense of a Lynx, vs a Small BMS with the associated remote L/H control wires? Lynx doesn't report to VRM either, which is a major bummer.... while it will show alarms on the GX, my understanding is these do not report to VRM either -- is this still the case?
0 Likes 0 ·