question

confusion avatar image
confusion asked

Multiplus PylonTech LVD MK3-USB Configuration

I would like to know what battery voltages correspond to a SOC of 10% and 15% or said another way, 85% and 90% depth of discharge. I guess 90% DoD is around 46V? How do I go about working this out?

The batteries are two PylonTech US5000-B LiFePO4 run in parallel.

I will be setting the Multiplus-ii inverter to shut off at 85% DoD and the smart battery protect to cut off DC loads (Including the Cerbo GX) at 90% DoD. Are these values too conservative? What happens when the Cerbo GX get's turned off? Does everything else fall over and DVCC stop working? That sounds like bad news.

I’m looking at changing the “DC Input low shut-down” in VEConfigure, what is “shut-down on SOC” and should I be using it as well?

What settings can I only change with a MK3-USB? That I can’t change using "Remote VEConfigure" from the VRM portal? I guess having the MK3-USB would give me peace of mind that I could change settings if the internet died.

I have DVCC enabled on the batteries. I wanted to change the Multiplus battery charger charging profile, would DVCC just override it anyway? The way I look at it is I want the appropriate charging parameters to be configured in the event that DVCC is accidentally turned off, so the system won't start charging with bad values. This was my philosophy when programming the SCC.

Where can I set up alerts? (e.g: emails on high temperature or low SOC)

Can I set up an alert for the generator not turning on indicating low fuel?

Thank you for your time

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxPylontechDVCCmk3-usb
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

confusion avatar image confusion commented ·
Yes it was an invaluable resource setting up the system
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@confusion

For voltages on a lithium, the curve is too flat for SOC and that to correspond. Also under load not useful.

The VE bus SOC synchronises to the battery SOC and the Pylons know best what that is. So for its shut down that is easy use the SOC not voltage.

Your shit down values should depend on your use. Pylontec allow 90% of their battery capacity to be used so you can go all the way to there.

The MK3 is best for recovery for the reason you mention and for more complex systems.

DVCC overrides everything. But program as vIctron recommend for a stable system. DVCC is forced on with pylons so an accidental switch off is not as easy as it sounds.

If Comms to the battery is lost the system will shut down admfter a short period (I think around 3 minutes or somewhere around there)

VRM is where most alarms are set up under settings alarm rules. But alot of them are already monitored automatically.

Yes on the generator if the GX in the system has a way to measure it.

2 |3000

confusion avatar image
confusion answered ·

Will a live instance of VEConfigure attached to the system be pre-populated with any different information? I downloaded the config file from VRM Remote VEConfigure and put it in to VEConfigure on my PC as I'm off-site currently.

When I try to enable the SOC LVD it asks me to 'enable the battery monitor'

1.png

When I go to enable the battery monitor it want's me to enter the battery capacity.

2.png

I was under the impression the PylonTech BMS should be the battery monitor?

I get what you're saying about DVCC being difficult to accidentally turn off and that's comforting.

If Comms to the battery is lost the system will shut down admfter a short period (I think around 3 minutes or somewhere around there)

That's good to know. Is that in the settings somewhere? I'm curious as to how the system would gracefully shutdown and whether or not it would start back up automatically?

I'll have a look through the VRM for the programmable alerts.

As for the generator, I have it set to auto start at a certain SOC. If it doesn't fire up when it should, I could pretty safely assume it's out of fuel. Could I set up an assistant that detects the generator isn't on when it should be and then send me an alert? Is that possible or is there an easier way?

I'm also keen to set up a separate LVD for the DC loads using a SBP so understanding how to get SOC from a battery voltage is something I want to know how to do.

2.png (183.1 KiB)
1.png (186.7 KiB)
2 |3000

confusion avatar image
confusion answered ·

bump...

any help would be much appreciated

2 |3000