question

ciaran avatar image
ciaran asked

Connect 5.8: can I use AC Input Control..?

Hello!

Using a Muitiplus 24/3000/70 (with 800AH AGM bank) to power a self-build mobile cafรฉ.

Initially using shore power during operation due to high demand appliances and battery power for (the fridge) overnight.

Now when shore power is shut off, low batt alarm sounds (despite 98% SOC) until it is reconnected.

also, the inverter is never functioning though 'on' and AC-in is not charging the batteries, when viewed on the color control..?

As well as this problem, I worry that the batteries are not being discharged and recharged enough to keep them healthy, as the power is always coming from the grid and not the bank.

Can I set the multiplus to use the batteries down to a safe minimum level, ignoring the grid connection,and then charge them up fully again...while also using shore power as 'power assist' to cover spikes in demand from appliances..?

Just joined the forum, so many thanks for any advice,

Ciaran

(Little Black Box)

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerbattery chargingBMV Battery MonitorCCGX Color ControlVictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ยท

There are many questions in one here, Please try to keep to a single question per post.

You might be able to find the functionality you are looking for with the ESS assistant, please have a real of this manual to see if it sounds suitable.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ess:design-installation-manual

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ciaran avatar image ciaran commented ยท

thanks Guy, will give it a read.

0 Likes 0 ยท