question

zain avatar image
zain asked

VRM data download issue

Hello everyone,

The issue i have is that i am trying to download the data from the VRM portal. I have many systems and have easily downloaded 6 months data at once via the link arriving in my email. There is just one system whose data i am not able to download. It can download of a day but not even a month.

The system whose data i am wanting to download is a very large system, its data on the VRM Advanced tab also takes time to load. Its understandable that it cannot be directly downloaded and would hence need to send a request. But i have been sending a lot of requests, and i do get the popup warning that the request is underway. But i never seem to receive any email with the link.

What do i do? every day is a day gone with the lost data.

vrm advanced
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Zain,

There were issues with larger exports that I reported to the VRM team.

I’ll follow up and report back.

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

zain avatar image zain commented ·
Thank you!!
0 Likes 0 ·
zain avatar image zain commented ·
Hi, is there any update on this?
0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @Zain,

Are you still having issues?

Please try again now and report back.

There is another active case here - https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/240702/data-download-from-advanced-page-of-vrm-portal-fai.html

And I am pressing the VRM team for answers, but we can't always reproduce them (I am able to export months at a time without issues myself).

0 Likes 0 ·
zain avatar image zain Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

I tried it again, i tried for a 6 month period and then 1 month period. Usually after submitting one request, it doesn't allow you to send another one, so i waited till the email comes. but no email came, and after 15 mins i tried to remove 1 month of data, and the same dialogue box came up saying that the request is submitted. While writing my reply to you, i got an email from victron with the data log link. So 1 month works!

I read the active case you provided. Yes it is a similar case, except i don't receive the email at all. Should i try downloading via the VRM API for the 6 month period?

Anyways, thank you so much for the update and for helping.

0 Likes 0 ·
Definitely try the API if that is within your capacity.

Keep in mind there are rate limits inside the API as well, but it should be much easier for you to find those limits and adjust your script to stay within them.

Good luck, and check out the modifications space if you get stuck.

I would of course like to make sure the normal front end export is working 100% as well, but at this stage without any other similar reports, and the team unable to replicate, I'm just going to have to wait for more complaints :)

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic