question

saolor58 avatar image
saolor58 asked

VRM advanced do not shows size of tank and remaining volume

Hi

I have a tank of 40 liters, and with 49% left, the remaining volume must be 20 liters.

See picture below

skærmbillede-2022-05-03-kl-213840.pngVRM shows 0 liters in size and 0 liters in remaining volume. I have rebooted my Cerbo GX. There is running the newest firmware.

At the remote console, I can see both the tank size and the remaining volume.

skærmbillede-2022-05-03-kl-214012.png

What can I do to get these values at the advance tab, for tank

Thanks

vrm advanced
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell commented ·
I have checked mine and they are the same, no volume or remaining fluid. I am sure that these values used to be displayed, perhaps this is a recent bug. @mvader (Victron Energy) .
0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ pwfarnell commented ·
thank you both for highlighting, I'll check!
0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
ps, is it ok if we have a look at your system remotely? And what type tank senders/sensors do you have?
0 Likes 0 ·
pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
@mvader (Victron Energy) Yes it is OK, I have GX Tank 140 with fuel, waste and water with voltage senders, one is 0-10V the others are 4.5-7.5V. My Cerbo GX is set up for access, what info do you need to find it and I can supply.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
modian avatar image
modian answered ·

the same on my installation and a friend of mine

Firmware release 2.80-9 or 2.85 is no difference.

If you scroll to the Tank summary it will shortly displayed and after a second it disappears

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell commented ·
Yes I have just found out that the correct info is displayed for a second or two then overwritten with zeros.
0 Likes 0 ·
pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell pwfarnell commented ·

I have just managed to grab a screenshot just as the widget is populated and then one or two seconds later. The screenshots show 2 of the 3 tanks on the GX Tank 140.

@mvader (Victron Energy) this is not the only post reporting this recent bug on VRM with several users seeing the same issue.

screenshot-20220518-222708.pngWidget as it first loads showing correct volumes, other widgets are still loading and are incomplete.

screenshot-20220518-222708.pngWidget after 1 to 2 seconds with 0 values for volumes once all widgets have loaded. Same error on the toilet tank also.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic