question

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem asked

VRM tanks on advanced - wrong titles, capacity, remaining values

I have a SeeLevel N2K tank system connected to my Cerbo GX and all is working well locally. On VRM however, the tank tiles have incorrect titles

The first tank is my fresh water tank but the title is simply "Tank summary" and "Tank Level". These are for the summary and level tiles, respectively. The summary properly lists the fluid type as Fresh Water.

The second tank is the gray/waste tank. It's titles are Tank Summary - Gray [1] and Tank Level - Gray [1]. Fluid type is listed as Waste Water. All correct.

The third tank is the black water tank. Titles are Tank Summary - Fresh [2] and Tank Level - Fresh [2]. Fluid type is correctly listed as Black water (sewage).

With the tile titles wrong, showing the tank level graph provides totally incorrect information.

In addition, tank capacity and current level are incorrect. I have 30 gallon tanks and with 6 gal in the fresh tank, VRM reports capacity as 0.11 Gal and level as 0.01 Gal. Interestingly, the tile is initially drawn with the correct values, but changes to the incorrect values after a second or two.

I also have another tank [29] that appears in the widgets list. I have no idea where this comes from. It is NOT in the Device List so I can't delete it. (Last seen 9 months ago). It is not shown on Cerbo's device list nor in dbus-spy.screen-shot-2022-04-04-at-93111-pm.png

Venus OS v2.84

Mac OS 11.6

Safari v15

VRM portal ID d41243d31965

vrm advanced
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hey Kevin, is there any custom software involved here? Or is this standard Venus OS?

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

SeeLevel now works without TankRepeater thanks to recent Victron changes, so that is not running.

I am running GuiMods which does have some QML changes for tanks but don’t think that affects VRM.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Probably linked to the upgrades in VRM.

I'll report it for you.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Tried unlinking the GX device from my VRM account and now can't add it back. Anyone have any clues how to recover?

3 comments
2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented ·

Still unable to relink my Cerbo to VRM after a Cerbo reboot, logging out and back in to VRM

vrmlogger-backlog.sqlite3

. The following message appears briefly after I click Request access

screen-shot-2022-04-05-at-75731-am.png

@mvader (Victron Energy) and a few others had access to this device so maybe it is stuck in their possession. Or maybe a but in VRM with the unlink mechanism?

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ Kevin Windrem commented ·
Hi @Kevin Windrem , yes, that you couldn't add it back is normal behaviour. I've added you again, cq. accepted your request in VRM.

And I'll be checking on your report wrt names.

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks, Matthijs. Lesson learned, I won’t do the Unlink again !

Didn’t fix anything anyway. Came back exactly as it was before.

Tank names and volume numbers still incorrect.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic