question

William R avatar image
William R asked

Unable to save tank capacity

I have a Cerbo-S GX with a GX Touch 70 tied to a SeeLevel Soul for tank capacity monitoring over RV-C. When trying to set the capacity on the Touch/Cerbo from 0gal to anything greater, it keep reverting to 0gal upon saving.

The Cerbo-S GX is on firmware 3.11 which appears to be the latest. Anyone else running into this and have a solution?

cerbo gxbug reporttank monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

It may be that the tank capacity is being set by the Soul, overriding your input on Cerbo. I would try making the capacity change on Soul and see if it sticks.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Martin (Victron Energy) avatar image
Martin (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @William R, SeeLeveL/RV-C does not provide reading/writing the capacity. Meaning that it RV-C connected tank senders only provide the level in percentage.

3 comments
2 |3000

William R avatar image William R commented ·

Interesting, I would have assumed this data is only used/saved on the Cerbo to do the calculation based on the percentage the SeeLevel devices reports in. Any chance of that feature being added in?

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem William R commented ·

Having the ability to set local values for tank capacity and name is very important to understanding by users of these systems when the sending device does not provide them.

Victron's position is that the external sensor needs to provide things like tank capacity and custom names. If these are not provided by the sensor then they are not available within the GX device either. They site confusion if multiple display systems (e.g., GX device and a multi-function-display) that receive the same sensor data would differ on tank capacity or name if both systems were not configured the same. In many systems there is only one display (the GX device) so there would be no confusion.

0 Likes 0 ·
William R avatar image William R Kevin Windrem commented ·
I understand the complexity of multiple GX devices, however the GX device does allow setting the "Volume unit" locally, just not Capacity or Fluid type. Additionally in some online videos it does show the capacity being set on the Cerbo for SeeLevel RV-C devices.
0 Likes 0 ·
Martin (Victron Energy) avatar image
Martin (Victron Energy) answered ·

I'm curious in which videos you've seen this because SeeLeveL does not support this. Nor does RV-C provides messages to configure the tank capacity. Your request is noted, but I cannot promise if and when we are going to implement this.

2 |3000