question

carlrx7 avatar image
carlrx7 asked

Cerbo reads AC Out L2 negative 655 amps

Cerbo is not displaying AC Out L2 correctly. Displays negative 655 amps. VE Smart dongle reads fine. Running latest firmwares. 506 , 3.11

img-6339.jpeg

I found a couple other posts with the same issue I’m seeing but no resolve.

UPDATE BELOW IN COMMENTS: TLDR; Rolled back Venus OS to 3.00. Spoke too soon, L1 can't do math now.
Disregard, all versions have some error, some worse than others.

Update 16 Oct. I reprogrammed the multis and swapped the master slave inverter in the setup. Ac readings still messed up. However, I noticed the ac in current was 0 dispute being hooked up to the grid. More searching… I found a Victron pdf fix calling for a 3.5mm jack to insert into the external current sensor 3 or so times.

Well. That appears to have fixed the calculation issue completely, still shows -655A on l2 out, smh.

cerbo gxmultiplus in parallelbug reportac out 2
img-6339.jpeg (5.8 MiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

carlrx7 avatar image carlrx7 commented ·
UPDATE to the UPDATE: I just did some math with the screenshot below and now L1 is missing 1000 watts. 119v * 15.4 = 1832. i can't win. I will try 3.01 tonight.

UPDATE: Busted out my trusty USB stick and downgraded the Cerbo GX to 3.00 and now it is reading accurate values again. I tried 3.10 as well, didn't fix it.

temp-fix.png

1 Like 1 ·
temp-fix.png (72.6 KiB)
2 Answers
carlrx7 avatar image
carlrx7 answered ·

The negative amps is fixed with Venus os 3.12. Thanks team!

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Welcome! Thank you for reporting
1 Like 1 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Probably a faulty multiplus. Please contact your dealer.

3 comments
2 |3000

derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas commented ·
It's not a faulty multi, this is a known issue with the 2x120 models.
1 Like 1 ·
carlrx7 avatar image carlrx7 derrick thomas commented ·
Temp fix by rolling back venus os to 3.00.

1 Like 1 ·
carlrx7 avatar image carlrx7 commented ·

I don’t think it’s that because, both multi’s show correct amps in VE config and Smart dongle.

0 Likes 0 ·