question

grahamwood avatar image
grahamwood asked

Self sufficiency with IP43 charger

Hello. I'm new to the forum so this is my first question.

I have small 24v system that runs quite nicely during the summer without any intervention.

The hours of daylight are now starting to get shorter so I have hooked in an IP43 charger (I have a Phoenix Inverter not a Multiplus) to regenerate the batteries when they get too low. I have set the smartshunt as the battery reference and everything is connected to the Cerbo with VE Direct cables.

The only way I can get this to work automatically is as follows:-

Connect the IP43 remote to relay 1 on the Cerbo GX

Set AC input 1 to generator

Set Generator Start/Stop to Auto function

Set conditions to start when battery below 25v and stop when battery higher than 28.4v

Set Relay 1 to Generator Start/Stop

It all works fine except the way I have done this seems to be counter-intuitive considering the charger is actually plugged into the grid.

Is there a better way to do this please?

There are a couple of other issues which are minor. The charger shuts off before Absorption stage as been completed. If I start the Generator manually then it won't shut off automatically.

Many thanks for any help.

Regards

Graham

cerbo gxSmartShuntPhoenix InverterPhoenix Smart Charger ip43
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
grahamwood avatar image
grahamwood answered ·

Made a slight change. Charger now shuts down 2000 seconds after 28.3 volts reached. It allows the absorption phase to complete.

As there are no comments, I guess there is no other way to do this.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.