question

rpgilbert1 avatar image
rpgilbert1 asked

Current drain from battery bank much higher than AC Load

I have an off grid system with Lynx Shunt, Smart Solar MPPT, Multiplus, Cerbo GX, and 6 Lithium batteries connect 3P2S. The dashboard show a much higher (10x) current drain than what appears on the AC Load:

victron-screenshot.png

Battery status is negative (0% charge) and has been for some time. Is this a hardware problem or a setting that is off? All firmware is up to date.

lynx shuntinput currentac
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Edited sorry forgot american type systems.

Are they victron batteries or other?

Your shunt settings are possibly incorrect.

Are you able to acces/share them?

0 Likes 0 ·
rpgilbert1 avatar image rpgilbert1 Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Alexandra,

Sorry I appear to have put my response in the wrong place. Please see Answers

0 Likes 0 ·
rpgilbert1 avatar image rpgilbert1 Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Alexandra,

I'm not sure what the problem was but I researched the Lynx Shunt manual and followed the instructions on calibrating zero current. I shut off the solar feed to the MPPT and shutdown the Multiplus. I still had power to the Cerbo because I needed to be able to use the remote console to do the zeroing. I figured a few amps would be insignificant to what had been going on. It worked. Battery showed zero not -1500 or more, so I started power back to the MPPT and Multiplus. It now is running +/- 3amps depending on solar input - end of the day here. No clue what caused this but so far so good. Thanks for your input.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
rpgilbert1 avatar image
rpgilbert1 answered ·

6 Chins 12 V 300Ah Lithium 3P2S

shunt1.png

shunt2.png

Not sure if this is what you need

shunt1.png (51.7 KiB)
shunt2.png (46.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Lynx Shunt VE Can online manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic